Friday 19 December 2008

In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us (Rom 8:37).
Dear believer, after experiencing the terrible valley of suffering, did you depart with the spoils? When you were struck with an injury and you thought you had lost everything, did you trust in God to the point that you came out richer than you were before? Being "more than a conqueror" means taking the spoils from the enemy and appropriating them in your favour in order that you might advance the kingdom of God. - selected
This will result in your being witnesses to them (Lk 21:13)
Life is a steep climb, and its always encouraging to have those ahead "call back" and cheerfully summon us to higher ground. We all climb together, so we should help each other.
"If you have gone a little way ahead of me, call back -
It will cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track;
And if, perhaps, Faith's light is dim, because oil is low,
Your call will guide my lagging course as wearily I go.

Call back, and tell me that He went with you into the storm;
Call back, and say He kept you when the forest's roots were torn;
That, when the heavens thunder and the earthquake shook the hill, He bore you and held you where the lofty air was still.

O friend, call back, tell me for I cannot see your face;
They say it glows with triumph, and your feet sprint in the race;
But there are mists between us and my spirit eyes are dim,
And I cannot see the glory, though I long for word of Him.

But if you'll say He heard you when your prayer was but a cry,
And if you'll say He saw you through the night's sin darkened sky-
If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back-
It will cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.
(selected)

Thank you to those of you who have given us a "call back", your encouragement has meant so much to us. We too have a "call back" and that is:
When we decided to pursue this faith adventure we did not have every detail perfectly planned as we were reliant on people, we did not have all the finances that we had hoped to have, we did not have all the accomodation set out for the three months that we were going to be away from our lovely home, we did not have all the speaking arrangements for three months scheduled in detail, we did not even have an existing ministry but a new vision that God had placed in our hearts but in spite of all the things we did not have we did have FAITH in a Father who had put something in our hearts and an OBEDIENCE to act upon that faith, so with faith and obedience we were armed for our trip and we are calling back to say we serve a faithful God!
Job answered God "I'm convinced: You can do anything and everything. Nothing and no one can upset your plans.
I once lived by rumours of you; now I have it all firsthand - from my own eyes and own ears. I'll never again live on crusts of hearsay, crumbs of rumour
." (Job 42: 1-6 selected, Message ver.)
We love you all dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi if you're leaving a comment as anonymous please sign off with your name.
Thanks.